What Is A Habit – Rehab?
Your Blueprint to a Changed Life
The Habit-Rehab is a structure which connects you from the past to the future, where you learn the tools to take command of your recovery from your problems with alcohol.
The Habit-Rehab consultation directs your present life away from the addiction and connects you to a life where alcohol and drugs no longer cause problems.
I conduct The HabitRehab consultations personally.
You don’t need to commit to a lifetime of public meetings, or yield control of your life to a higher power. You don’t need to believe that there is only one way to recover, or feel obligated to “jump through a series of one-size-fits-all hoops”.
Now you can step away from the public view and deal with your problems privately.
You can take advantage of a unique confidential method for changing your addictive behavior. You can begin to make it happen with a single telephone call from any place in the world.
WE REVIEW IN THE BRIDGING SESSION
- Comprehensive Core Assessment of the critical factors that influence your addiction.Prior to the Bridging Session, you will be sent a link to a location on my web site where you will download to complete a detailed history of the behavioral, biological, social and cognitive influences of your situation. To protect your name and privacy, only a number is used with this form. These detailed assessment forms which I review prior to our session are also used during our consultation. No time is wasted getting down to the core of your unique situation.
- Complete analysis and thorough discussion of the medications that may be appropriate for you.This analysis includes a review of the newest medications available, the pros and cons of each, and how these medications are best integrated and sequenced into a harm reduction, abstinence or moderation strategy. Not just a prescription suggested as a substitute, these medications are taken only as needed to control “cravings”, mood stabilization, and reduce depression or anxiety. This is a strategic discussion about how medications can serve your ultimate goals, including the suggested language and framing you will need to use with the prescribing physician. This is a thorough review of the FDA approved and over-the-counter medications appropriate for your personal situation.
- Practical step-by-step sequence to help you plan your recovery.We will weigh the importance and influence of early life traumas, as well as the roles of family and friends. The majority of our time will be focused on the present situation and how to positively change it as quickly as possible. You will get an immediate plan of action, but also back-up plans with steps to take when you might encounter obstacles to your recovery or relapse. In addition, we identify the “seemingly harmless habits” you have that might perpetuate your addiction, and devise strategies for overcoming or replacing them.
- Serious conversation about the viability of “harm reduction” or moderation for you.We can explore this very controversial approach to recovery and decide together if this is a realistic goal for you, specific to your personal history and circumstances. Referral to moderation-based alcohol support groups and books are made available to you. I can introduce you to a wide range of physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other support resources that have adopted the harm reduction approach.
- Identification of non-12-step support resources. I have a wealth of resources that will welcome your non-12-Step perspective, including in-patient and out-patient treatment centers, physicians, clinical psychologists, certified addiction counselors and alcohol rehab centers. Rather than leaving you to solo test-drive programs that only pay lip service to the alternative approaches, yet are merely extensions of the pervasive religion-based 12-Step culture, I will put you in touch with the actual network of alternative addiction treatments — locally in your area, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Whether you are talking to friends and family, or doing this completely without anyone knowing about it. We will discuss how to explain to others this new approach and specific strategy to your recovery from alcoholism or alcohol problems without attending the typical AA meetings. I will help you to articulate to them how they can best support you on your road to a happier and healthier life.
Take advantage of a proven alcohol recovery process
- No disruption to the normal flow of your life.This is a single session with no need to check in to a rehab program for 30 days. No requirement to attend weekly or daily meetings for the rest of your life.
- No need to give up all of your social network.With the right information, you can maintain your lifestyle and your friendships. If you choose, you may be able to still hang out at all the places you enjoy now.
- Learn to take advantage of a process which relies on modern science-based tools, not simply faith.Use your own innate problem-solving and coping skills to get back to the life you envisioned for yourself.
- Learn about the key behaviors that have made your addiction so hard to quit.Get the best information to help you make significant, pro-active changes in your day-to-day life. Learn to harness the skills you already have to change your behavior.
- Measure your success on your own criteria.Work directly with a trained professional in the field to assess where you are and your progress. No judgment or opinion from a group of non-professionals.
- Learn the structure to your behavior, including the “harmless habits” you maintain that feed your addiction.Identify where to make simple adjustments in your daily behavior that can make a significant positive difference.
- No group, no sponsor, no on-going lecture or coaching pressure.This is a one-time only strategy session, which is all you may need. You and I put our heads together to identify the steps you are willing to take in order to make meaningful changes in your life.
- You make a conscious informed choice, based on harm reduction, complete abstinence or moderation goals.Learn about a simple method for evaluating your potential, as well as ongoing, success towards achieving your desired goal.
- Private, convenient telephone conversation.You don’t have to worry about being seen in a therapist’s office or treatment center. You don’t have to be near a big city. You don’t have to travel out of your own environment. You can call from anywhere in the world. All you need is a telephone and a place where you feel safe and comfortable talking to me.
- Talk to a friendly, compassionate, non-judgemental addiction expert you can trust to explore your problem and options. Immediate help and guidance from an internationally recognized specialist who has been where you are now and will guide you in a rational, logical, easy to understand way.
SCHEDULE The BRIDGING SESSION NOW
Here’s What You Get
|The BRIDGING SESSION||$375.00|
|E-Book and Audio: “Take Control, Now!” (PDF Download and MP3 Download)|
|E-Book: “AA is Not The Only Way” (PDF Download)|
|Audio: “How to Stop and Stay Stopped” (MP3 Download)|
|Audio recording (MP3) of our session (No Additional Charge)||Optional|
|To clarify the sequence, time table and actually schedule The Bridging Session, we will need to schedule a 5 minute appointment with me personally to confirm the details. Once you click the “Buy” button above, you will be taken to a page where all the details will be explained. You will be asked to click on the paypal button for your payment and contact (email, phone, and address) information. The paypal form will include the name of my company “Life Management Skills, Inc.” Once the paypal form is completed, and the system has verified your payment information, you will have access to my online scheduler.Pick the time for the 5 minute appointment that is convenient for you in your time zone. I will confirm your appointment time via email. I will call you at the telephone number you provide me, and we will schedule the actual The Bridging Session together.|
For information about my professional credentials, degrees and awards, multiple appearances on television and radio , and my conducting professional training seminars and educational public workshops, as well as my own personal history with alcohol and drugs, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to read letters or emails I have received over the years from individuals whom I have helped to successfully regain control of their life, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to read a chapter of my first book to understand more clearly about my modern Cognitive/Behavioral techniques, and the progressive methods I utilize in my private practice for alcohol and addiction recovery treatment.Sign Up for a free download of Chapter 1 of “Take Control, Now!”