Habit-Rehab “Kick-Start” Consultation?
How does a Habit-Rehab “Kick-Start” Consultation work?
Perhaps you are struggling with an alcohol problem (or a drug or behavior issue) that is causing relationship problems. Or maybe you are often feeling “hung over” at work, so you know you are not at the top of your game. Perhaps you just got a DUI and you know you need the advice of an attorney. Or your doctor just told you that you are drinking too much and it is causing your liver panel numbers to be out of whack.
So you start asking those around you to find out what you should do. Who can you ask regarding these personal questions with the confidence that it will stay private?
If you ask your doctor, in all likelihood, he or she will say, “Why don’t you try AA. Ironically, the physician believes it’s not a medical disease issue because they have no pills to prescribe or procedures to offer. If you ask your attorney, he or she will probably recommend, “Why don’t you start going to AA, or enter a treatment program, since it will look good to the judge that you have taken a proactive step, even before you have your day in court.”
If you ask a colleague at work, he or she will probably say you should keep your drinking problem quiet. “Don’t let the boss find out”. Or perhaps if you ask your spouse or partner, they might say, “You make the decision! I don’t care what you do–rehab, therapy or those AA meetings–just do something!”
And if you ask a trusted friend or buddy, they might say something like, “Why don’t you start going to those Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. My brother-in-law goes and it’s really worked for him.”
When you realize that you really don’t have anyone to talk to about new or different approaches to your alcohol problem, you begin to do your own research on the computer. You punch in “Treatment Alcohol Problems” and up comes over 18 million results on the great information highway. Scrolling through the search results, you are flooded with all kinds of offers, including in-patient facilities, out-patient programs, medications, short-term or long-term, detox, 12-step based vs. non-12-step based methods, rehabs in exotic locations, clinic success rates, and a large collection of terms that you don’t have a clue the meaning of.
After a dizzying hour or two, you might conclude that you are more confused than ever.
Feeling very alone, unsure and even scared, and with the pressure of the clock ticking, you need to make that extremely important decision to take the action very soon. Maybe your situation has been secretly going on for years, getting worse, and you know you can’t put it off any longer, or make half-hearted attempts, because your relationships, health, legal problems, or career issues have become serious.
You find yourself spinning from the questions that keep going on and on inside your head like a broken record…..
“Should I go into a rehab? They are very expensive, and do they really work? What happens when I check into a month-long treatment program? Will it make any difference to the judge? What will my boss say if I need six weeks off from work? Should I talk to a therapist? How long will it take to find the right one and get an appointment? I don’t want to go see a stranger who says that it is all about my parents and childhood, and that I must plan on continuing to come for the next few years. If I go into therapy, do I use my insurance and wonder if something negative might go on my medical record? Will it affect future employment? Do I need to stop drinking forever? Who really knows what all these psychological terms mean? Who can I ask that really knows the answers on this problem who can give me real, practical answers, not just the superficial generalizations? Who can I trust to keep my embarrassing information private and confidential?”
This is where I come in.
Imagine making just one telephone call from the privacy of your home or office to discuss all of the questions you have.
And imagine receiving the answers immediately, as well as learning additional relevant information.
As an expert addiction recovery specialist, let me take you through the process:
1. You make an appointment with me – using my on-line appointment scheduler.
2. I will call you at the designated time and we will talk for 15 minutes about your current situation, answering as many questions as time permits. If you agree to continue, we then make an appointment for an in-depth 90 minute “Kick-Start Consultation.” This is scheduled for your earliest convenience, and can happen as quickly as 48 hours from your initial call. We discuss the cost of the consultation.
3. I will email you a link to download the forms specific to your situation or type of addiction. I also email you an invoice for the payment, which can be paid online prior to the scheduled consultation.
4. You fill out the forms, and fax them back to me in advance of our consultation.
5. I review your information privately and start devising a one-of-a-kind strategy specifically designed for you - based upon your personal history, all the various factors involved, and your “drinking goals”.
6. I will call you at the mutually agreed upon day and time to talk about your situation and options. When we have finished with this hour-long consultation, you will have a complete concise plan of action, including “How to get started…..What to do first, second, third and for the future….Suggested list of medications and where to obtain them…..Discussion of all the non-12 Step based rehabs with their location, cost, success rate, etc…..What to do when you relapse…..and many other answers to related questions on the topic.
7. You will receive bonus materials via a link to download. If you choose to have a recording of the consultation, an audio of our conversation can be emailed to you as a helpful review.
8. We plan for a telephone conversation in 2-3 weeks - to check your progress, revise the plan and update your strategy, as needed.
NO FURTHER OBLIGATION is required on your part. If you want additional time with me, we can discuss an additional session to talk further, or to help you stay on track.
We can plan your next step, or you can Do-It-Yourself, or I can help you find local services in your area.
Professionally called BRIEF TREATMENT – the #1 most successful alcohol treatment at this time - it is a “concierge or boutique-type addiction service” available at the cutting-edge of recovery options.
For you, it will answer the “What is the right thing for me to do right now about my problem?” question.
Allow an expert addiction recovery professional to help you make this important decision.