How A Habit Rehab Works
To Help Reduce or Stop a Bad Habit
Habit Rehab with the Habit Doc is unlike any other addiction treatment methodology.
It’s rehab for alcoholics, gamblers, drug users, compulsive shoppers, emotional eaters, etc… rehab that doesn’t require you to abstain, join a self help group, or pledge your faith in God.
What Habit Rehab Is…
Habit Rehab is a proven alternative to AA and other 12-step programs. It’s for intelligent, independent people who want to control their cravings and stop their bad habits in private.
Together, we’ll direct your life away from your addiction and towards a place where alcohol, drugs or other habits will no longer have the power to control you. Instead, you’ll learn to manage them.
You may not even have to stop the bad habit completely. For some people, the moderation we teach in Habit Rehab for alcoholics is enough to save their relationships, work, and health from the ravages of addiction.
What Habit Rehab Isn’t…
- Habit Rehab isn’t a 12-step program; it’s private sessions with an addictions professional.
- It isn’t a faith-based program; our methods are based on science.
- It isn’t a support group; all sessions are one-on-one and confidential.
- It isn’t a lifelong commitment to a program; it may take just one or two sessions.
- It isn’t a treatment center you check in to; it is an office visit or phone call.
- It isn’t just about abstinence; moderation may work best for you.
How Our Process Works
Our work together starts with a brief 15 minute phone chat. If, after our chat, you want to continue working with the HabitDoc, we’ll schedule a 90-minute Kick Start Consultation.
It’s called Kick Start because at the end of the hour, you’ll have a plan of action you can set in motion right away.
Your Kick Start Consultation:
- Getting to Know You. We’ll ask you to send us some detailed information about yourself before your first consultation. The HabitDoc will personally review your forms.
- The Consultation. The HabitDoc will conduct an in-person, phone or online consultation to discuss your unique situation, challenges, and goals.
- The Action Plan. The HabitDoc will create a personal strategy for you. Moderation? Abstinence? Harm Reduction? You’ll get advice on how to start your Habit Rehab, if a detox is necessary, how to better manage feelings and cravings, any medications that can help, leads on addiction programs, services and rehab for alcoholics in your area, how to deal with relapses, how to get the right kind of family support, and any other issues you have.
- Follow Up. If desired, you can book follow-up consultations with the HabitDoc: weekly, monthly, or just as needed. We’ll help you stay on track, moving towards your goals. We’ll discuss your progress, revise your action plan, and add insights, strategies, and resources as needed. But the main goal will always be for you to become self-sufficient and not dependant on lifelong support or treatment.
At the end of the Kick Start Consultation, you’ll have an answer to your question:
“What’s the right thing for me to do about my problem, right now?”